Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 8 - Metallic

For the metallic day of the challenge, of course I had to break out my favorite gold of all time. And then I did nail art on it.



I started with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Golden I, which is an absolutely fantastic gold foil polish. One-coater, if you're careful! I did two coats because I tend to paint very thin. I taped off triangles at the base of my nails, and painted over that with Revlon - Copper Penny, a nice copper metallic polish. Also a one-coater, this time even for me and my tendency to paint thin! Finally I added pink dots at the tips of the triangles with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pink Satin. More a chrome finish than a foil, goes on very smooth and like Golden I can be a careful one-coater. 

I love Pink Satin even though it's one of those kind of "old" looking pink shades... to me it's retro rather than granny, and I like to rock it with a denim jacket and some 80's style.



3 comments:

  1. I used Golden-I today for the first time and I really liked it! Definately a keeper. I love the subtle way the polish differs with the pattern - really neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a good one. I'm gonna have to try out the other foils in collection, I think, to see if they compare.

      And thanks :)

      Delete