Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Orange Ginger Chicken

I made delicious orange ginger chicken the other day, and it just wouldn't be fair to the world to keep the recipe to myself! I didn't follow a recipe, or particularly measure seriously, but I'll give my best shot at guessing the proportions...

Ingredients:
3-4 large chicken breasts
3 large carrots
1 medium onion
1 can frozen orange juice
1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth
1-2 tablespoons ginger powder, or a little less finely-minced fresh ginger
1-1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest

Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and precook til at least half done. Slice carrots and onions; caramelize the onions (you can partly precook the carrots if you cut them up chunky, or not if they're small pieces, your preference). Throw the chicken and veggies in a pot with the orange juice and other liquids, bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and add ginger and orange zest. Simmer ~20 minutes, or as long as you need for carrots to be tender and chicken fully cooked.

Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment