Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Polish-fast failures, AKA clearance sales are my weakness!

I've been doing pretty poorly at sticking to my self-imposed nail polish fast this month, thanks to Ulta's polish clearance sale and having to go to Sally's to renew my membership *anyway*, of course I had to check the clearance section...

The good news is, I snagged some really fabulous polishes on clearance.

At Ulta I picked up Zoya Nidhi, Layla Ceramic Effect CE52 (I've coveted this for a long long time, so finding it not only locally but on clearance was amazing!), and China Glaze Angel Wings and Glitter All The Way.

To be fair I did only purchase polishes that I would have picked up at full price if I hadn't been on a polish fast (Glitter All The Way is the only one I hadn't had on my coveting list already), AND I limited myself to four out of about 20 I was tempted by... so go me?

But then Sally's. I wanted to get my renewal done in January for the free haircare product (I chose a bottle of argan oil), so I stopped by on the way home from my chiro appointment (oh boy did I need that adjustment!).

And in their clearance were some of the gift sets from the China Glaze and Color Club winter collections. I snagged one of each, since the two polishes I really really wanted were available! In the Color Club set was Snow-Flakes and Berry And Bright. I have several similar polishes to Berry And Bright, but I really really wanted Snow-Flakes. And for $4 for the set I really can't complain!

Similarly in the China Glaze set was one polish I really wanted, Winter Holly, and one I wasn't too thrilled about and have several similar shades, Red Satin. Plus a (kind of tacky IMO) Christmassy picture frame. Ok, though, I still got two polishes, one of which was on my covet-list, for $4.50.

Maybe I'll re-paint the frame. I'd like it better, and all year, in other colors I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment