Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Skittles + stamping

A while ago I bought a super cheap stamping kit at walmart. It came with a plastic scraper (which didn't really work, so I used an old video store card instead) and stamper, and one plate with flower designs. I've had a hell of a time trying to make it function as it's supposed to, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm crummy at stamping or if it's because I'm using a super-cheap kit. Anyway. I finally got it to work halfway decently!



For this manicure I used BB Paris mini polishes (left to right: Midnight Mystery, Mulberry, Sage, and Aubergine) and stamped with a Color Club - In Bloom. Then I added a coat of OPI - I Juggle... Men, which doesn't really show in the pic but added a nice subtle purple-blue shimmer. Unfortunately I think I can blame that one for the fact that this was absolutely destroyed after one day of wear. OPI polishes always chip ridiculously fast on me.  :(

Funny thing is, Nicole by OPI seems to last just as long as most other polishes. But every single time I've used an OPI it's been a chippy mess in a day, no matter how much topcoat I use. That's reason #2 why I'm not a big OPI fan. Reason #1 is that they don't have particularly unique colors and I don't see much point in paying $8 for something I can get a near-identical dupe of for $1-$5 from another brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment