Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 27 - Inspired by Artwork

I had a very good idea where I wanted to look for inspiration today! My high school art teacher, Clay Custer, does some gorgeous things with acrylics. His style is so unique and I love it! 
(link warning: in the painting gallery there's one, not highly detailed but realistic, female nude. Be advised if you're at work or have delicate sensibilities! The specific pages I've linked to in this post are safe, but if you're gonna go clicking around know it's there :) ) I just hope he wouldn't be disappointed in me for taking all I learned in his classes and just doing silly things like nail polish. :/

Here's the painting I picked to be inspired by (it was so hard to pick a favorite, but in the end I had to choose something I could reasonably approximate in nail polish...)



The polishes used --
Base: Sinful Colors Savage with random striper-brush strokes of Sinful Colors Rise And Shine (I was trying for that awesome scuffy look that the painting has between the blue and green... didn't work very well unfortunately)
Leaves/flowers: Wet & Wild Deadly Dose, Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby, Sinful Colors Happy Ending
Butterfly: Sinful Colors Rich In Heart.

I mattified the whole thing with NYC Matte Me Crazy, then tried to re-shiny the butterfly.. but it just looked weird. :/




No comments:

Post a Comment