Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 31 - Re-create

For day 31 the challenge says "re-create your favorite challenge", which I interpreted to mean pick one of the day themes to re-do. I decided to have another go at dotting since my mani for polka dot day was kind of failtastic. I also wanted to do another holo base with creme art like I did for delicate print day, so...



These dots turned out *so* much better! I used a toothpick to make smaller dots, and started in the center of my nail then spiraled out from that. The spiral doesn't show, the dots look semi-random or circular, but I really like how it turned out. 

The base is Color Club - Magic Attraction, which is a lot like Beyond The Mistletoe (which I used as a base for delicate print) except pink-brown toned instead of blue-green. Again, super blingy holo overwhelms the other glitters!

For the dots I went with an ombre color scheme using Wet & Wild polishes.
Pinky: Sunny Side Up
Ring: Blazed
Middle: Lavender Creme (which is not particularly lavender, IMO should be called Pink Creme)
Index: Red Red 
Thumb: FuchsiaRama



No comments:

Post a Comment