Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fireworks

I promised nail art with the rest of the Sparks & Stripes collection. Here it comes.... 
 I started with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Golden-I, and sponged on skittles with the glitters to get decent coverage. 


Thumb: Beautiful But Dangerous
Index: Light With Caution
Middle: School of Pyrotechnics
Ring: Explosions After Dark
Pinky: Spontaneous Combustion

After two coats of fast-dry topcoat to smooth out the super-gritty results of the sponging, I painted on one thick coat of Wet & Wild Wild Shine - Black Creme and immediately pressed a crumpled up plastic bag into it to remove the polish in a random pattern. Then another two topcoats.



My index finger turned out best, I think. The rest look more messy than firework-y.

The bag method definitely turned out better than my original idea of using black crackle polish over the glitters. It didn't crack well and the bits that did crack didn't have the firework look I was going for.. it really just looked weird, and I quit after two fingers and went for the bag.


Someday I'll learn to do my nails without making a mess of my fingers. I think I'm finally getting the hang of cleaning up the disaster at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment