Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

First half-moon

The other day I stumbled across a display of Wet & Wild's Sparks and Stripes collection. Fantastic set of glitters. Four repromotes from the Spoiled collection, and two new polishes, one of which I'm showing off today along with my first attempt at a half-moon mani:



For this I started with two coats of Wet & Wild Wild Shine - Wild Card, let it dry, and marked off my moons with old garage sale price stickers. Then I added one coat of Revlon - Smoldering, removed the stickers and topped with two coats of Wet & Wild Fast Dry - Stars and Stripes. 

I have a weakness for holo glitter... and this is not only holo, but holo STARS and two sizes of holo bar glitter. I've never seen a polish like it. 

The stars required fishing and fussing with to get them placed, the base is super thick and goopy, and the bar glitters are sparse, but it has a really cool look (and the thick base helps keep the points on the stars from sticking out and snagging on things). I placed the stars with the first coat, then intentionally avoided getting any more stars in the second coat to smooth out the surprisingly few snaggy bits.

For the rest of the collection, I have some fantastic nail art planned. Hopefully it will turn out as well as I imagine it...

No comments:

Post a Comment