Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 18 - Half Moons

My first half moon turned out a bit awful, I think due to how highly curved my nails are; my guide stickers didn't want to stay stuck down anywhere but the middle. So this time I just grabbed a short striping brush and freehanded the moons, which turned out much, much better!



I really love how this turned out! I used Revlon Scented - Not So Blueberry for the main color, and Nicole by OPI - Follow Me On Glitter for the moons. Fabulous nails, and oh so easy to do, too!

Not So Blueberry has a subtle duochrome that's obvious in the bottle but that I didn't see on the nail at first, but then kept popping out and making me wonder if I was going crazy! So pretty.

I was playing around with hand positions, and I just have to share this one even though the colors came out wonky for unknown reasons:



Love that! Even though it's not true color it just looks so fantastically dramatic! Unfortunately I don't think I can re-create that pose without a lot of practice and fussing, this pic was a lucky accident. I'm definitely gonna have to try though!

I'm not sure yet how I feel about scented polishes. I own two, this and a bubblegum scented mini from Claire's, which smells super yummy and helped make up my mind to give in to the duochrome lust for this one, which... doesn't smell quite so yummy. It's not bad, exactly, but I'm on the fence about it scent-wise. Color wise, it's 100% love!

What do you think? Scented nail polish, yes or no? Or it depends?



No comments:

Post a Comment